< < -Back To Index (By State) The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
< < -Back To Index (By State)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
1. Swallow Tail Canada – Vancouver
Swallow Tail Canada is owned and Operated by Chef Robin who specializes with unique dining experiences and foraging education. With her team they run courses on Survival foraging, edible medicinal plant foraging, mushrooms foraging, and sea foraging.
- More information: https://www.swallowtail.ca/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.swallowtail.ca/event-calendar/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/SwallowTailCanada https://www.instagram.com/swallowtailtours/ https://www.youtube.com/user/swallowtailculinary
2. Deer Holme Farm – Cowichan Valley
Join renown chef, author and mycologist Bill Jones as he leads you on a unique wild food experience. Forage food display, show and tell, guided forage and a delicious meal to top it all off.
- More information: https://www.deerholme.com/foraging/
- Contact: https://www.deerholme.com/contact-us/
- Events Schedule: Subscribe to our newsletter or contact us for upcoming events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/deerholme
3. Wolfwood Guest Ranch – Clearwater
Wolfwood is a small, family run guest ranch and wilderness school. Through our onsite wilderness school we offer classes in survival, foraging, pioneer and homesteading skills, and wilderness experiences.
- More information: https://wolfwoodguestranch.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: Check our Social Media or Email us for upcoming events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Wolfwood-Guest-Ranch-and-Survival-School-107814244687395
4. Shaggy Jack – Gibsons
Shaggy Jack’s Wild Mushrooms is a mushroom foraging and education enterprise located in Gibsons, on British Columbia’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Our primary mission is to educate people about the ecology of mushrooms and how to safely identify & sustainably harvest wild edible species through classroom presentations & educational forest foraging culinary adventure tours.
- More information: https://shaggyjack.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://shaggyjack.com/workshops/ https://www.facebook.com/Shaggy.Jacks.Wild.Mushrooms/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Shaggy.Jacks.Wild.Mushrooms
5. Robin Mercy – Kaslo, West Kootneys
Join mushroom farmer and forager Robin Mercy for a morning spent exploring our local West Kootenay forests in search of edible and medicinal mushrooms! The day starts with a discussion of the mushroom lifecycle, growth patterns, and ID characteristics, and ends with a fun and accessible foray through our local temperate rainforest. Presented with both the total beginner and the experienced mycophile in mind, this outing promises to be an informative an engaging way to deepen our knowledge of, and appreciation for, our fungal friends.
- More information: https://selkirk.ca/ce/courses/recreation-leisure/foraging-local-mushrooms https://mrmercysmushrooms.com/
- Contact: Robin@mrmercysmushrooms.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/Mrmercysmushrooms/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Mrmercysmushrooms
6. Raincoast Education Society – Tofino
Raincoast Education Society is a Canadian not-for-profit group that focuses on research and education. Our Mission: “To shape an environmentally sustainable future for the Clayoquot and Barkley Sound region through education and community stewardship.” We seek to accomplish our mission by delivering a broad range of high-quality educational and interpretive programs such as field school, speaker series, summer camps, school programs, and events focused on the natural environment, cultures, and communities of the Clayoquot and Barkley Sound region.
- More information: https://raincoasteducation.org/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 250-725-2560
- Events Schedule: https://raincoasteducation.org/calendar-events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/raincoast.education/ https://twitter.com/raincoasted https://www.instagram.com/raincoasted/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDBn-kzo0wUqLaeIxDXiW6Q
7. Wild Seed School of Herbal Studies – Saltspring Island
Our founder Jasmyn Clift began the school as a response to frequent requests from people wishing to study traditional yet exacting herbal medicine. In medicine making we value mathematical precision using ethically-harvested, high-quality herbs. This high standard we apply to our practice ensures medicines of the highest integrity—we’ve come to understand that this sets us apart.
- More information: https://www.wildseedschool.com/
- Contact: https://www.wildseedschool.com/contact/ Phone: (250) 653 4663
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/Wild-Seed-School-of-Herbal-Studies-287396211441626/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Wild-Seed-School-of-Herbal-Studies-287396211441626
8. Moose, Mushrooms, and Mud – Prince George
Moose, Mushrooms, and Mud is a wildcrafting business that also takes people out on foraging tours and offers various wildcraft workshops. Please contact to inquire for event details.
- More information: https://moosemushroomsmud.com/
- Contact: https://moosemushroomsmud.com/contact/
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/moosemushroomsandmud/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/moosemushroomsandmud
9. Animist – Vancouver
Our mission to spread eco-mindfulness and empower a new generation of teachers and students to learn outside in the forest. Covering all of Canada check our events page to find foraging events.
- More information: https://www.animist.eco/
- Contact: https://www.animist.eco/contact
- Events Schedule: https://www.animist.eco/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/animistecology https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsko8iQQBjhmkGZiOwOfsog https://www.instagram.com/animist.eco/
10. Sense of Place – Ladysmith
Sense of Place is childcare facility with a focus on getting children outdoors and experience nature. They offer education in outdoor skills, foraging, plant identification, animal identification and safety, and survival.
- More information: https://www.senseofplaceyp.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (250) 618-3396
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/SOPYP4Outdoorexplorers/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/SOPYP4Outdoorexplorers/
11. Wickaninnish Inn – Tofino
Wickaninnish Inn offers a fantastic Forage & Feast where learn where your foods come from and which ingredients can be found on Vancouver Island’s West Coast during each season. The package offers dinner, a guided nature walk and passes to the Tofino Botanical Gardens.
- More information: https://www.wickinn.com/accommodation/packages/culinary/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (250) 725-3100
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/WickInn/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/WickInn https://www.instagram.com/wickinnbc/ https://www.youtube.com/user/WickaninnishInn https://www.pinterest.ca/wickinnbc/_created/
12. Eat Wild – Vancouver
Eat Wild is a company that offers training courses for hunters and mushroom foragers.
- More information: https://eatwild.ca/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (778) 828-4801
- Events Schedule: https://eatwild.ca/collections/foraging-workshop
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/EatWildBC https://www.instagram.com/eatwild/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVuzmwb54rGca0Pj_6ajAEw
13. Rebecca Walker – Oliver
Hi my name is Rebecca and I’m a wild food forager from the Okanagan. I began picking fire morels in 2010 and became interested in other wild foods as well. My favourite plant book is Plants of Southern Interior British Columbia and the North West. Since there was many wild fires around Oliver this summer, weather permitting there should be morels next year. I would like to take people out picking, if that interests anyone let me know.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.walker.5243
- Contact: Contact me directly on Facebook!
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.walker.5243