< < -Back To Index (By Province/Territory)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Yukon Conservation Society – Whitehorse
The Yukon Conservation Society (YCS) is a grassroots environmental non-profit organization, established in 1968. We have over 250 current members and many dedicated volunteers. Over the years, YCS has earned a respected position of influence on environmental policy and education in the North. During the summer YCS offers a educational hike through Miles Canyon twice a week where you will learn about edible plants, mushrooms, and more!
- More information: http://yukonconservation.org/programs/get-outside/miles-canyon-hikes-summer-programs
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (867) 668-5678
- Events Schedule: http://yukonconservation.org/programs/get-outside/miles-canyon-hikes-summer-programs
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/yukonconservationsociety
2. Beverley Gray – Aroma Borealis – Whitehorse
Beverley is a herbalist, aromatherapist, natural-health practitioner, healer, yoga teacher, natural food cook and enthusiast, journalist, and an award-winning natural health-product formulator. She owns the Aroma Borealis Herb Shop in Whitehorse, Yukon. Beverley loves to share her passion for wild medicinal and food plants through herb walks, talks and medicine making.
- More information: https://beverleygray.com/
- Contact: https://beverleygray.com/contact/
- Events Schedule: https://beverleygray.com/workshops/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/bev.gray.12
3. Danoja Zoh Cultural Centre – Dawson City
Dänojà Zho is open year round with visitor programs and activities in the summer season. From May to September, we provide guided tours of the Hammerstone Gallery to share our perspective on the gold rush era. Each summer the Gathering Room hosts a new exhibition that reflects our vibrant and rich culture. Visitors can share in our pride by participating in our river walk tours, topical displays, art shows and a wide variety of film presentations.
- More information: https://www.trondek.ca/d%C3%A4noj%C3%A0-zho-cultural-centre
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (867) 993-7100
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/DanojaZhoCulturalCentre/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/TrondekHwechinGovernment
4. Yukon’s Department of the Environment – Yukon Wide
The territorial government offers many events and workshops to education about wildlife. While they do not regularly host foraging events (they do offer some occasionally though so make sure to check!) they offer a lot of useful information for foragers in the territory to help them identify plants and mushrooms.
- More information: https://yukon.ca/en/wildlife-viewing
- Contact: email@example.com phone: (867) 667-8291
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/yukonwildlifeviewing/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/yukonwildlifeviewing