< < -Back To Index (By Province/Territory)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
British Columbia Saskatchewan Northwest Territories
1. From the Wild – Edmonton
Join one of two different foraging walks hosted by Kevin Kossowan creator of the award nominated web series “From the Wild” and the PBS series “Wild Harvest”. You can explore the Edmonton’s North Saskatchewan river valley, or the boreal forest at the From the Wild Basecamp 100 km north of the city.
- More information: https://www.fromthewild.ca/walks
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Contact us, Check our Facebook page or Sign up to our Newsletter to hear about our free events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/fromthewildcanada https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIc2gC18D0EITh93Yl0efMA
2. Full Circle Adventures – Calgary
Full Circle Adventures has been connecting people to nature for over 20 years. Our wild, edible plant walks, hikes, and snowshoe outings offer you a window into the intelligence of nature. We have learned from Hank Snow of the Nakoda Sioux, Tim Patterson of the Interior Salish, Alvin Many chiefs of the Blackfoot and Canadian authors, such as Linda Kershaw and Terry Willard, as well as our own outdoor guiding and foraging experiences, regarding local edible plants.
- More information: https://www.fullcircleadventures.com/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (403) 968-4816
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/fullcircleadventures/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/fullcircleadventures https://twitter.com/plantwalks
3. Forage and Farm – Millarville
Forage and Farm located just east of the rocky mountains in Millarville Alberta specializes in garlic farming, and offers various classes and events in Foraging, blacksmithing and more.
- More information: https://www.forageandfarm.com/
- Contact: https://www.forageandfarm.com/contact
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/ForageandFarm/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/ForageandFarm/ https://twitter.com/farm_forage https://www.instagram.com/forageandfarm/
4. Kaykima Wilderness Skills – Calgary
Since 2017, Kaykima Wilderness has been teaching emergency survival and bushcraft skills to students of all ages, stages, and abilities. Our business model is a little different – based out of Calgary, Alberta, we offer programming throughout the province of Alberta and into B.C., Saskatchewan, and the Northwest and Yukon Territories. You may see pictures of our Sprinter van – our office on wheels – on social media. “Ol’ Girl,” as we named her, is our way of staying connected to clients and to nature. Our roaming business allows us to share our programs over a wider area, as well as discover many beautiful areas of the Treaties 6, 7, and 8 land that we are grateful to be able to honour and enjoy.
- More information: https://www.kaykimawilderness.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (403) 978-9536
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/kaykimawilderness/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/kaykimawilderness/ https://www.instagram.com/kaykimawilderness/
5. Forage Your Food – Calgary
Run by Denis Manzer they run events specialized in foraging, wild food identification & teaching fantastic recipes! Learn How To Craft Gourmet Wild Food & Beverages.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/forageyourfood/
- Contact: Message us on Facebook
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/forageyourfood/events/
- Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/forageyourfood/
6. Robert Rogers – Edmonton
Robert has been a student of plant medicine most of his adult life. He is a professional member of the American Herbalist Guild and author of over 50 books on medicinal plants of Western Canada. Through the business Self Heal Distributing that he runs with his wife Laurie they offer various events such as plant walks to educate others about herbs.
- More information: https://selfhealdistributing.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://selfhealdistributing.com/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/selfhealdistributing/
Hello! My roommate and I would like to take a class in the Canmore area! Any direction would be great 🙂
Hey Alicia! My name is Tracy, I am a chef who forages and does classes in Canmore. You can find me at http://www.wildlittlechef.com!