Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. Lori McCarthy – Cod Sounds – Avondale
At Cod Sounds HQ we are passionate about the wild foods and the skills and knowledge of the place we call home. From workshops to food experiences and foraging excursions, we are dedicated to sharing who we are. We are committed to respectful practices in hunting, fishing and the harvesting of food from the land we share.
- More information: https://www.codsounds.ca/
- Contact: Lori@codsounds.ca Phone: (709) 749-4946
- Events Schedule: https://www.codsounds.ca/workshopsexcursions-1
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/foodcutlureplace
2. Western Environment Centre of Newfoundland – Corner Brook
Western Environment Centre of Newfoundland (WECNL) strives to help build a community of environmentally active citizens. Sign up on their website to participate in their regular foraging events for $5 per person or free for WECNL members.
- More information: https://www.wecnl.ca/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.wecnl.ca/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/wecnl
3. Shawn Dawson – Torbay
Shawn Dawson owns and operates Barking Kettle, a small farm located in Torbay, Newfoundland. We specialize in foraging, growing & selling vegetables, jams, pickles, hot sauces.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/Barkingkettle/
- Contact: Contact us on Facebook
- Events Schedule: Check our Facebook page for our event and workshop announcements
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Barkingkettle/
4. Western Newfoundland Foraging – Newfoundland wide
A group to discuss foraging wild edible plants and fungi specific to Western Newfoundland. regular events and workshops are run through the group.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/553523218933030/
- Contact: Contact us on Facebook
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/groups/553523218933030/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/553523218933030/
5. Foray Newfoundland and Labrador – Torbay
Foray Newfoundland and Labrador is a not-for-profit organization conducting amateur mushroom forays in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Our upcoming Forays are listed on our Forays page.
- More information: http://www.nlmushrooms.ca/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/ForayNL/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/ForayNL
6. Fogo Island Inn – Joe Batt’s Arm
Fogo Island Inn is an initiative of Shorefast, a registered Canadian charity dedicated to helping to secure a resilient economic future for Fogo Island, Change Islands, and similar rural communities worldwide. The Fogo Island Inn hosts an annual Canadian Thanksgiving event where you will enjoy live music, berry picking, invigorating coastal hikes, and a traditional boil-up on the hills. Participants get to use their foraging treasures to learn to make tarts or jams.
- More information: https://fogoislandinn.ca/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (709) 658-3444
- Events Schedule: https://fogoislandinn.ca/things-to-do/events-2/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/FogoIslandInn/ https://twitter.com/fogoislandinn https://www.instagram.com/fogoislandinn/ https://www.pinterest.ca/fogoislandinn/_created/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4vK8MVK15nyU9MS_nGcVRA
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.