< < -Back To Index (By Province/Territory)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
New Brunswick Prince Edward Island Newfoundland and Labrador
1. Blackbird Hollow – Phinneys Cove
apothecary, homestead & perennial edible and medicinal nursery. mindfully harvested herbal shrubs, bitters and more, made in small batches with intention and care. Check our Facebook page for foraging walks and workshops! Events are not always put on our events calendar so make sure to check the Facebook page!
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/hobo.crow.herbs/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/hobo.crow.herbs/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/hobo.crow.herbs/
2. The Deanery Project – Lower Ship Harbor, Halifax
The Deanery Project is a not-for-profit organization with a focus on the environment, the arts, youth and community, natural building and permaculture. We are open year round offering programs and projects related to energy, forests, health, active transportation and rural living. Check our events page for everything from permaculture and foraging, to hiking and kayaking.
- More information: http://thedeaneryproject.com/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (902) 845-1888
- Events Schedule: http://thedeaneryproject.com/category/special-events/current-and-upcoming-events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/TheDeaneryProject/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyXgJnvD8SReQ_XGAw18ROw
3. Fred Dardenne – Prospect Bay
Reconnecting Man to Nature – Respecting our environment requires that we understand nature’s ecosystems and wilderness. Nature is a gift, discover what it has to offer with our fine products, or even during our Wild Foods Excursions.
- More information: https://en.fred-dardenne.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (902) 297-1151
- Events Schedule: Special Events are announced on our Facebook page!
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/fred.dardenne.710 https://www.instagram.com/fd.wildfoods/
4. Life School House – Halifax
Folk schools are informal learning spaces in communities where neighbors become teachers, sharing arts and traditional skills in small group workshops. These schools facilitate learning exchanges and are hosted by a member of the community who help make strong and lasting connections between participants. Keep an eye on our events pages for local foraging experts hosting events and workshops through our platform.
- More information: https://www.lifeschoolhouse.com/
- Contact: https://www.lifeschoolhouse.com/contact
- Events Schedule: https://www.lifeschoolhouse.com/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/lifeschoolhouse https://www.instagram.com/lifeschoolhouse/
5. Halifax Earth – Halifax
I have been gardening professionally since 2008, I’ve been growing vegetable gardens since I was 13 and my interest in wild edible and medicinal plants began early in childhood. In addition to professional permaculture design services I offer many workshops to educate people about permaculture and wild edible and medicinal plants.
- More information: http://halifaxearth.ca/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://halifaxearth.ca/resources/ Contact me to find out when the workshops are taking place!
6. Gourmet by Nature – Port Williams
Gourmet By Nature offers unique wild food experiences, foraging and wild food guiding. We explore the wild landscapes of Nova Scotia, find food and dine in the outdoors – all in gourmet style. It doesn’t get any more fresh, more local, more wild.
- More information: https://www.gourmetbynature.ca/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.gourmetbynature.ca/wild-experiences-guiding https://www.facebook.com/gourmetbynaturewildchef/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/gourmetbynaturewildchef https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnTCe4nlJ0rSoKGQR2ghZgQ
7. Bloom Institute – Halifax
Bloom is grounded in plant-centered wellness, offering herbal education at the personal and professional levels, including 1- 3 year programs, various workshops, plant ID walks and events. Bloom is also a herbal medicine clinic & dispensary.
- More information: https://bloominstitute.ca/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (902) 957-1534
- Events Schedule: https://bloominstitute.ca/workshops/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/bloomherbals/ https://www.instagram.com/bloomherbalstudies/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzg-O9g1FvDx5Pcr1mAqXHw
8. Nova Scotia Mycological Society – Nova Scotia wide
The Nova Scotia Mycological Society was formed after the incredibly successful first annual Nova Scotia Mushroom Foray of 2008 at Camp Nadoee. It is a registered non-profit society in Nova Scotia. Check their Facebook group and events page for upcoming forays.
- More information: https://www.nsmycologicalsociety.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.nsmycologicalsociety.org/outings
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NSMycologicalSociety/
9. Wild Feast Nova Scotia – Wolfville
Wild Feast presents private and ticketed foraging dinners. Avery shares the stories and adventures that brought the food to your plate. Nelson, chef and forager, will cook up the feasts.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/wildfeastns/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/wildfeastns/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/wildfeastns/
10. East Coast Wild Foods – Lawrencetown
East Coast Wild Foods is led by Sarah d’Apollonia. She holds a degree in Biology and a Master degree in Sustainable Agriculture. Sarah is happy to share the knowledge she has learned over the years to bring you fresh, wild, and quality ingredients which are sustainably harvested from Mother Nature.
- More information: https://eastcoastwildfoods.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://eastcoastwildfoods.com/workshops/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/eastcoastwildfoods https://www.instagram.com/eastcoastwildfoods/