Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. Fishing and Foraging Wales – Pembrokeshire
My name is Matt Powell. I am a chef, forager and saltwater bass lure angling guide. Fishing and foraging Wales and Welsh bass guide were created to bring all of my passions together. Bass lure angling, hunting for wild edibles and food.
- More information: https://www.fishingandforagingwales.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 7308313107
- Events Schedule: https://www.fishingandforagingwales.co.uk/foraging-food-prices-information
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/FishingandforagingWales
2. Original Outdoors – Ruthin
Original Outdoors is an established outdoor training, activity and consultancy business based in North Wales on the borders of Snowdonia working across the U.K. and beyond. We specialise in training courses for foraging, bushcraft, navigation, survival training, tracking and other essential outdoor skills.
- More information: https://originaloutdoors.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01824 703121
- Events Schedule: https://originaloutdoors.co.uk/events_course_calendar/list/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/originaloutdoors https://www.instagram.com/originaloutdoor/
3. Fungi Forays – Powys
These forays are conducted in the spectacular scenery of Mid-Wales. Unlike many other forays, they focus on edible species. They are all about what is good to eat – and what to avoid. The height-of-season breaks (Sept/Oct) usually begin at The Abbey-Cwm-Hir Village Hall at 9.45am. We drive from here to a local fungal hotspot and wander for three hours through the trees identifying and talking about fungi. This is followed by a mushroom-based meal, preserving and tasting sessions in Daniel’s converted 17th century milking parlour. The day ends around 4pm. But there are also simpler, cheaper and shorter breaks from May to November. These target just one or two particularly edible species and last for just a morning. They are particularly suited to families and while the range of fungi tends to be smaller, yields are often large (guests take home their hauls). Led by experienced guide, Daniel Butler, these breaks are targetted at the beginner. They seek to de-mystify fungi: to guide the novice through the good, the bad and the ugly to the genuinely delicious.
- More information: https://www.fungiforays.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 01597 811168
- Events Schedule: Sign up to our newsletter or follow our facebook page to learn about upcoming forays.
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Fungi-Forays-213104568743858/
4. Brecon Beacons Foraging – Brecon
Brecon Beacons Foraging is a company run by writer, author and forager Adele Nozedar. We offer a variety of different courses, workshops and events all surrounding the wonderful world of foraging. We also have a range of Hedgerow Gin which is produced in small batches using items we’ve foraged from right here in the Brecon Beacons.
- More information: http://breconbeaconsforaging.com/
- Contact: Breconbeaconsforaging@gmail.com
- Events Schedule: http://breconbeaconsforaging.com/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/breconbeaconsforaging/ https://twitter.com/hedgerowguru https://www.instagram.com/hedgerowguru/
5. Coastal Foraging – West Wales
Welcome to our Coastal Foraging experiences hosted by Craig Evans. Craig has a life-long passion for sea life and it’s environment; and a keen interest in all aspects of our localities, we are sure you will find our experiences both enjoyable and informative. If all goes well, you’ll get to cook some of the delights that we discover on a hand-made Solva Stove (a.k.a. Swedish Candle).
- More information: https://www.coastalforaging.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 07989 143868
- Events Schedule: https://bookings.coastalforaging.co.uk/booking.aspx
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/CoastalCraig/ https://www.instagram.com/coastal_foraging_with_craig/
6. Gourmet Gatherings – Monmouthshire
I am passionate about all aspects of wild food; how it is sought and found, how it is harvested, processed and ultimately eaten and enjoyed! The delicious and nutritious bounties of the nature surrounding us daily, are astoundingly unknown and forgotten. I consider myself an ambassador of wild food, that is any edible which is occurring, growing or living in a natural state; not domesticated, cultivated nor tamed. I forage daily, meaning I go out and search for all varieties of wild edibles, in the stunning county of Monmouthshire, South Wales, where I am based, and beyond. I would love to share my knowledge and appreciation of wild edibles with you, whether it be in the capacity of a foraging teacher on a guided excursion, or as a wild food chef and consultant or collaborator. Book a foraging course online, or reach out to me by email for anything else!
- More information: https://www.gourmetgatherings.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 07477 885126
- Events Schedule: https://www.gourmetgatherings.co.uk/book-online
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/gourmetgatheringswales https://www.instagram.com/gourmet.gatherings/
7. Wild About Pembrokeshire – Pembrokeshire
Discover your ‘Inner Forager’!! Seashore or Hedgerow Foraging Days, Beginners Walks, Corporate Groups. Try identifying, collecting and cooking food from the wild.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutPembrokeshire/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01437 721035
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutPembrokeshire/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutPembrokeshire/
8. Discover the Wild – North Wales
Based in both Manchester and North Wales, Discover the Wild is a natural history company that provides services from foraging events, species identification workshops, wildlife photography tours, one-to-ones and creating foraged drinks and products. No matter what your experience, from complete beginners to more serious wildlife enthusiasts we can offer something for you and cater for your needs.
- More information: https://www.discoverthewild.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 07533 132129
- Events Schedule: https://www.discoverthewild.co.uk/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/DiscovertheWild/ https://twitter.com/discoverthewild https://www.instagram.com/discoverthewild/
9. Woodland Classroom – North East Wales
Through our passion, enthusiasm and experience we help people connect with nature, feel healthier and have meaningful experiences through positive activity and creative play. We are experienced outdoor educators with a background in bushcraft, forest school and nature therapy, who love what we do.
- More information: https://woodlandclassroom.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07876 794098
- Events Schedule: https://woodlandclassroom.com/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/woodlandclassroom/ https://twitter.com/woodlandclass https://www.instagram.com/woodlandclassroom/
10. Wild Pickings – West Wales
Wild Pickings is a small rural business run by me, Jade Mellor. I have been a professional forager for fourteen years, collecting wild food from the beautiful hedgerows, woodlands and coast of West Wales. I pick what is seasonally abundant, with care and sensitivity, always leaving plenty to go to seed and for the birds. I am inspired by the landscape, the changing seasons and the wild bounty of blossoms, leaves, fruits and seaweeds, which I use to create delicious and unique food. I run seasonal walks and workshops, teaching others how to identify, gather and use wild food. I’m also available for private and group bookings.
- More information: https://www.wildpickings.co.uk/
- Contact: https://www.wildpickings.co.uk/contact
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildpickings.co.uk/projects
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/wildpickings/ https://www.instagram.com/wildpickings/
11. Wild Spirit Bushcraft – Bridgend
Wild Spirit offers a wide range of bushcraft and woodlore courses, varying from a 1 day introduction, to the more demanding 4 day bushcraft survival. We offer 1 day Wild food foraging and Coastal foraging courses. Set in a beautiful location, contained in 70 acres of woodland on the Merthyr Mawr Estate in Bridgend, a stone throw away from one of the most scenic coast lines in South Wales. Our courses cover a wide range of fascinating skills and techniques that are sure to enthuse and inspire.
- More information: http://www.bushcraftcourses.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 07905 466884
- Events Schedule: http://www.bushcraftcourses.co.uk/course-dates/
- Social Media: https://twitter.com/bushcraftwales
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.