< < -Back To Index (By Province/Territory)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Wild Muskoka Botanicals – Dwight
Wild Muskoka Botanicals is the producer of artisan wild foods and cocktail mixers. Our ingredients are locally foraged in a sustainable manner, and then hand-produced on a small scale in an effort to maintain our focus on providing high quality products made with ecological integrity. They offer regular foraging classes and guided hikes.
- More information: https://wildmuskoka.com/
- Contact: Wildmuskoka@gmail.com Phone: (705) 783-8816
- Events Schedule: https://wildmuskoka.com/collections/experiences-1
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/wildmuskoka/ https://www.instagram.com/wildmuskoka/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqURkgSLKR5FhrEsNJMpGww?
2. Peter Blush – Pluck’s Plenty Foraging – Stratford
Our foraging treks take place across beautiful woodland trails just minutes from Stratford, Ontario with the purpose of educating participants in the art of identifying wild edibles and mushrooms, prudent harvesting and, in the end, appreciating their wonderful taste and health benefits.
- More information: https://www.pucksplenty.com/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (519) 271-3726
- Events Schedule: http://www.pucksplenty.com/events.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/pucks.plenty https://twitter.com/PucksPlenty
3. Yours Outdoors – Haliburton
Yours Outdoors connects residents and visitors of the Haliburton highlands with all sorts of outdoor activities. Between July and Mid November they host a Introduction to Foraging for Wild Edible Mushrooms event regularly.
- More information: https://www.yoursoutdoors.ca/packages/introduction-foraging-wild-edible-mushrooms
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (705) 754-3436 Phone(Cell): (705) 457-7557
- Events Schedule: https://www.yoursoutdoors.ca/calendar/month
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/yoursoutdoors1/ https://twitter.com/YoursOutdoors https://www.instagram.com/yours_outdoors/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YoursOutdoors
4. The Living Centre – London
Lorenna Bousquet-Kacera & Shantree Kacera R.H, D.N., Ph.D. are the founders and directors of The Living Centre and offer a variety of foraging and herbalism workshops and events
- More information: https://www.thelivingcentre.com/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (519) 652-9109
- Events Schedule: https://www.thelivingcentre.com/calendar/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/thelivingcentre/ https://www.instagram.com/the.living.centre/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLcS3h_HNdbP9Ylw3hje77Q
5. WSC Survival School – Cloyne
WSC Survival School’s David Arama been teaching and leading outdoor programs for more than 30 years at community colleges (e.g.. Humber, Seneca, Mohawk, Niagara, Conestoga), universities (McMaster, U of Guelph), numerous district school boards, and city Parks and Recreation departments (e.g., Vaughan, Markham, and Milton). They offer regular events and a in-depth course on Edible plants, wild foraging, and various other survival skills
- More information: https://wscsurvivalschool.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (613) 336-1826
- Events Schedule: https://wscsurvivalschool.com/calendar/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/367664206875/ https://www.instagram.com/wscsurvivalschool/
6. OMHAF – Ontario Mushroom Hunters And Foragers – Tweed
OMHAF hosts regular events with Travis Newman whom will take you on educational forays in the world of Wild Mushrooms. Learn to ID, discuss habitat, edibility/medicinal properties.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/OntarioMushroomHuntersAndForagers/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: (613) 920-4132
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/OntarioMushroomHuntersAndForagers/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/OntarioMushroomHuntersAndForagers/
7. Earth Tracks – Grey Country near Durham
Our mission at Earth Tracks is to provide high-quality experiential education for people who want to connect with the natural world in a deep and powerful way. We have been successfully guiding and mentoring people for over 15 years and provide a unique perspective and style of nature-based education.
- More information: https://www.earthtracks.ca/
- Contact: https://www.earthtracks.ca/contact-us/ Phone: (519) 217-4921
- Events Schedule: https://www.earthtracks.ca/events/month/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/EarthTracks https://www.flickr.com/photos/earthtracks/albums https://www.instagram.com/earthtracks/ https://twitter.com/Earth_Tracks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x8zXpatKrU9x70Qg2rtog
8. Edible Wild Food – Toronto
EdibleWildFood.com offers courses, plant walks, workshops and other unique experiences tailored to the needs of your group. Learn the wonders of natural foods, the tastes of wild plants and the delights in our forests.
- More information: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/events.aspx
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/EdibleWildFoodcom-255985697755345/ https://twitter.com/EdibleWildFood https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5BpcDICcOLVFVmVNLRXM8w
9. Forage & Feast: Edible and Medicinal Wild Plants of Ontario – Toronto
We love wild things of all description, and we love to share knowledge about plants that we hope will help us grow and be healthy – physically, emotionally and spiritually. We host regular foraging and other events in and around Toronto and Southern Ontario. Our website is in development but will be at https://itsawildthing.com/ check the link to see if its live yet!
- More information: https://www.meetup.com/Itsawildthingtoronto/
- Contact: Join the meetup group to contact us
- Events Schedule: https://www.meetup.com/Itsawildthingtoronto/
10. The Mycological Society of Toronto – Toronto
The Mycological Society of Toronto is a federally registered non-profit, volunteer-managed association of amateur mycologists and others with an interest in wild mushrooms and other fungi, based in Toronto, Canada. They host regular events and forays for people to learn to identify and collect mushrooms and other fungi
- More information: https://www.myctor.org/
- Contact: https://www.myctor.org/contact
- Events Schedule: https://www.myctor.org/events/calendar
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/myctor https://twitter.com/mycotoronto https://mycologicaltoronto.tumblr.com/ https://www.instagram.com/mushroomtoronto/
11. Wild Foragers Society – Ontario wide
Whether you love plants and are eager to share your grandma’s elderberry pie recipe, or you have never even tasted a dandelion leaf, anyone/everyone is welcome to join a WFS frolic. Frolics are free! Frolics are co-facilitated by Lee, Sammy, and/or Rebecca who are plant enthusiasts, not experts.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/WildForagersSociety/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/WildForagersSociety/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/WildForagersSociety/
12. Fervent Finds – Midland near Barrie
At Fervent Finds, we are passionate about organically sourced, sustainable products and services to improve health and happiness in the natural world around us. We host regular Foray and other events
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/FerventFinds/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (705) 529-4472
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/FerventFinds/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/FerventFinds/
13. Life School House – Thunder Bay
Folk schools are informal learning spaces in communities where neighbors become teachers, sharing arts and traditional skills in small group workshops. These schools facilitate learning exchanges and are hosted by a member of the community who help make strong and lasting connections between participants. Keep an eye on our events pages for local foraging experts hosting events and workshops through our platform.
- More information: https://www.lifeschoolhouse.com/
- Contact: https://www.lifeschoolhouse.com/contact
- Events Schedule: https://www.lifeschoolhouse.com/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/lifeschoolhouse https://www.instagram.com/lifeschoolhouse/
14. Immersive Botany: Toronto Tree and Plant Identification Club
The purpose of this group is to get people together for hands-on learning about plant identification. We remain within Toronto and are TTC accessible, with an occasional exception. I run this group because it is not enough to know the names of plants. You have to have opportunities to use those words and commit the plants to memory.
- More information: https://www.meetup.com/Immersive-Botany-Toronto-Plant-Identification-Club/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.meetup.com/Immersive-Botany-Toronto-Plant-Identification-Club/
Hi. Are there any edible wild plant events, walks, courses in or around Ottawa in 2023?