Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Fort Whyte Alive
FortWhyte Alive is dedicated to providing programming, natural settings, and facilities for environmental education, outdoor recreation, and social enterprise. They offer many events for education on various topics including foraging.
- More information: https://www.fortwhyte.org/?s=Foraging
- Contact: https://www.fortwhyte.org/about/contact-us/ Phone: (204) 989-8355
- Events Schedule: https://www.fortwhyte.org/event/wild-edibles-walk/all/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/FortWhyteAlive/ https://twitter.com/fortwhytealive https://www.instagram.com/fortwhytealive/
2. Prairie Shore Botanicals
Prairie Shore Botanicals is dedicated to increasing public knowledge of, and respect for, the beauty, diversity and usefulness of wild plants through specialized skills classes, presentations, consulting services, and sustainably harvested products.
- More information: http://www.psbotanicals.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/PrairieShoreBotanicals/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/PrairieShoreBotanicals
3. Brian Hogue
Brian Hogue has been picking and studying Manitoba mushrooms for a decade and through his Facebook community and foraging walks he seeks to share his knowledge and the joy for the hobby.
- More information: https://www.wildmanitoba.ca/
- Contact: https://www.wildmanitoba.ca/booking
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/MushroomPickingManitoba/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/MushroomPickingManitoba/ https://www.instagram.com/wildmanitoba/
4. Mike James
Woodlot Association of Manitoba’s wild food foraging workshops run by Mike James will teach the skills needed to correctly identify wild edibles and safely navigate the search terrain.
- More information: https://woodlotmanitoba.com/woodland-food/foraging-workshops/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://woodlotmanitoba.com/events/
5. River City Mushrooms
River City Mushrooms is a small business and passion project based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We strive to foster an appreciation and love for fungi by providing the cultures, materials and technical knowledge necessary for individuals and communities to cultivate their own gourmet and medicinal mushrooms. Currently events are suspended due to COVID-19 but keep an eye out in the future for foraging walks and educational events
- More information: https://rivercitymushrooms.ca/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/rivercitymushrooms/events/
- Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/rivercityfungi/ https://www.facebook.com/rivercitymushrooms