Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. Forager’s Harvest
Forager’s Harvest is owned by Sam Thayer with Melissa Price, located in Bruce, Wisconsin. Sam Thayer is a prominent author, forager, and an internationally known authority on edible wild plants. He seeks to promote responsible foraging, appreciation and conservation of nature, and a sustainable food system. They also offer foraging classes
- More information: https://www.foragersharvest.com/#/
- Contact: Sam@foragersharvest.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.foragersharvest.com/classes.html#/
2. Moonwise Herbs
Linda Conroy is the owner of Moonwise Herbs. She is an herbalist. Moonwise Herbs is located in Stoughton, Wisconsin. She offers foraging, hand-made items, education, and wellness consultations.
- More information: https://moonwiseherbs.com/
- Contact: RosemaryGoddess@moonwiseherbs.com
- Events Schedule: https://moonwiseherbs.com/events/
3. Midwest Wild Harvest Festival
Midwest Wild Harvest Festival is about celebrating the gift of wild wold in the Midwest, located in, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. You will learn about edible wild foods and their practical use. Conducts classes with credible foraging instructors and other activities.
- More information: https://www.wildharvestfestival.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildharvestfestival.org/classes.html
4. Plant Based Services LLC
It is owned and managed by John Holzwart. Plant Based Services is located in Sheybogan, Wisconsin. He offers programs/lectures on beekeeping, edible and medicinal plants, mushroom propagating, and more. Most of these programs are offered in southeast Wisconsin.
- More information: http://plantbasedservices.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://plantbasedservices.com/calendar/
5. Wildwood Institute and Herbs
Kathleen Wildwood is the founder of Wildwood Institute and Herbs, located in Verona, Wisconsin. It seeks to bring back the magic and wisdom given by nature to modern times. She offers classes, herb walks, apprenticeships, and more.
- More information: https://www.wildwoodinstitute.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Classes & Events | Wildwood Institute
6. Wisconsin Mycological Society
Wisconsin Mycological Society is a group focused on learning about wild mushrooms and fungi, located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. They offer forays, educational lectures, summer membership, and educational workshops and classes.
- More information: https://www.wisconsinmycologicalsociety.org/about.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.wisconsinmycologicalsociety.org/events.html
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.