Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Wisconsin Mycological Society
Wisconsin Mycological Society is a group focused on learning about wild mushrooms and fungi, located in Wisconsin. They offer more than 20 one-day forays all over the state, educational lectures (both in-person and via Zoom), summer retreats with experts (including events that focus on plants as well as mushrooms), and educational workshops (like microscopy) and currently they are offering the Wisconsin Wild Mushroom Certification Class for the WI Department of Agriculture. Membership is 20 dollars per year per household.
- More information: https://www.wisconsinmycologicalsociety.org
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.wisconsinmycologicalsociety.org/events.html
2. Fire and Foraging
Fire and Foraging is a small business run by the owner Vince Aiello in Madison, Wisconsin. He takes small groups of people out on guided nature walks where He teaches them various edible and medicinal plants. During the walks you will learn basic plant identification, botanical terms, historical uses, and basic herbal preparations. Offering primitive fire making classes for team building and cooperate nature walks Connecting people to nature through ancestral skills.
- More information: https://www.fireandforaging.com/home/seasonal-walks
- Contact: Fireandforaging@gmail.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.fireandforaging.com/home/seasonal-walks
3. Forager’s Harvest
Forager’s Harvest is owned by Sam Thayer with Melissa Price, located in Bruce, Wisconsin. Sam Thayer is a prominent author, forager, and an internationally known authority on edible wild plants. He seeks to promote responsible foraging, appreciation and conservation of nature, and a sustainable food system. They also offer foraging classes
- More information: https://www.foragersharvest.com/#/
- Contact: Sam@foragersharvest.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.foragersharvest.com/classes.html#/
4. Northern Mushroom Tours LLC
A tour company based in Bayfield Wisconsin to promote mushroom and outdoor education. We offer many different ways to customize your tour.
- More information: https://northwoodsmushroomtours.godaddysites.com/
- Contact: northernmushroomwalks@gmail.
- Events Schedule: https://northwoodsmushroomtours.godaddysites.com/
- Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/northernmushroomtours/
5. Moonwise Herbs
Linda Conroy is the owner of Moonwise Herbs. She is an herbalist. Moonwise Herbs is located in Stoughton, Wisconsin. She offers foraging, hand-made items, education, and wellness consultations.
- More information: https://moonwiseherbs.com/
- Contact: RosemaryGoddess@moonwiseherbs.com
- Events Schedule: https://moonwiseherbs.com/events/
6. Midwest Wild Harvest Festival
Midwest Wild Harvest Festival is about celebrating the gift of wild wold in the Midwest, located in, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. You will learn about edible wild foods and their practical use. Conducts classes with credible foraging instructors and other activities.
- More information: https://www.wildharvestfestival.org/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildharvestfestival.org/classes.html
7. Plant Based Services LLC
It is owned and managed by John Holzwart. Plant Based Services is located in Sheybogan, Wisconsin. He offers programs/lectures on beekeeping, edible and medicinal plants, mushroom propagating, and more. Most of these programs are offered in southeast Wisconsin.
- More information: http://plantbasedservices.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://plantbasedservices.com/calendar/
8. Wildwood Institute and Herbs
Kathleen Wildwood is the founder of Wildwood Institute and Herbs, located in Verona, Wisconsin. It seeks to bring back the magic and wisdom given by nature to modern times. She offers classes, herb walks, apprenticeships, and more.