Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
1. Earthwalk Northwest
Frank and Karen Sherwood are the owners and founders of Earthwalk Northwest. Located in Issaquah, a city in King County, Washington. They create unique courses to provide in-depth and hands-on experience. Offers programs on earth awareness, wild edibles, and more.
- More information: http://earthwalknorthwest.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://earthwalknorthwest.com/calendar
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/EarthwalkNorthwest/
2. Kitsap Peninsula Mycological Society
KPMS is created to gather those who are interested in mycology. Located in Bremerton, a city in Kitsap County, Washington. In this organization, they study, collect, appreciate, and share knowledge. They do mushroom forays and meetings.
- More information: https://kitsapmushrooms.org/about-us/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://kitsapmushrooms.org/events/
3. Langdon Cook
He is a writer, instructor, and lecturer in the field of wild foods and outdoor activities. Most of his activities are done in Washington. Offers classes on wild foods. foraging, outdoors, about his books, and creative writing.
- More information: https://langdoncook.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://langdoncook.com/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/langdon.cook
4. Northwest Mushroomers Association
Northwest Mushroomers Association is focused on appreciating and understanding mushrooms. Located in Bellingham, a city(coastal) in Whatcom County, Washington. They study, identify, and gather information about it. They hold meetings and forays.
- More information: https://www.northwestmushroomers.org/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.northwestmushroomers.org/events-calendar/
5. Puget Sound Mycological Society
PSMS’s purpose is to promote understanding and appreciation on the field of mycology as a form of hobby and Science. Located in Seattle, Washington. They conduct meetings, classes, and wild mushroom shows.
- More information: https://www.psms.org/history.php
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://mms.psms.org/members/evr/regmenu.php?orgcode=PSMS
Wildcraft wants to awaken their participants’ creativity and improve their understanding through hands-on activities. Activities are done mostly in Pacific Northwest. Conducts wild food foraging and medicine, and other activities.
- More information: https://wildcraftstudioschool.com/about-us.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://wildcraftstudioschool.com/calendar.html
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.