Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2020)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
1. Eco Images
Vickie Shufer is the founder of Eco Images. Located at Virginia Beach, a coastal city in Southeastern Virginia. She is a naturalist, herbalist, and a forager. She offers classes, exploring outdoors, foraging, making medicine and growing native and medicinal plants.
- More information: https://ecoimages.us/index.htm
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://ecoimages.us/programs/index.htm
2. Julie Carestio Pettler
Julie Carestio Pettler is an herbalist. Her office is located in Frederick County, Virginia. She offers classes, foraging, and medicine-making workshops.
- More information: https://www.juliepettlerherbalist.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.juliepettlerherbalist.com/classes
3. The Earth Connection School
Tim MacWelch found The Earth Connection School. Located in Somerville, an unincorporated community in Fauquier County. The Earth Connection School is an outdoor school. It offers subjects which focus on wild foods, making fire, navigation, tracking, and primitive skills.
- More information: http://www.earth-connection.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.earth-connection.com/schedule/
4. The Living Earth School
The Living Earth School is an organization located at Blue Ridge Mountains of Central Virginia. Its curriculum is nature-based. It seeks to develop naturalist skills, finding edible/medicinal plants, survival skills, and much more. The Living Earth School offers classes , camping, and foraging.
- More information: https://livingearthva.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://livingearthva.com/adult-courses/
- Direction: https://livingearthva.com/info/contact-living-earth-school-virginia/
5. Tracks and Roots
Alison Meehan created Tracks and Roots. Located in Short pump, a wealthy suburb in Richmond, Virginia. She manages Tracks and roots with her fellow credible instructors. Her expertise are identifying trees, tracking, wild edibles, and medicinal plants. They offer foraging and wilderness survival courses.
- More information: https://tracksandroots.com/who-we-are/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://tracksandroots.com/foraging/
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.