Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Eco Images
Vickie Shafer is the founder of Eco Images, located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. She is a naturalist, herbalist, and forager. She offers classes, on exploring the outdoors, foraging, making medicine, and growing native and medicinal plants.
- More information: https://ecoimages.us/index.htm
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://ecoimages.us/programs/index.htm
2. Julie Carestio Pettler
Julie Carestio Pettler is an herbalist. Her office is located in Frederick County, Virginia. She offers classes, foraging, and medicine-making workshops.
- More information: https://www.juliepettlerherbalist.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.juliepettlerherbalist.com/classes
3. Emerald Mountain Sanctuary
Located in Monterey, VA. Learn to identify and prepare edible and medicinal plants on our property in the Virginia Highlands. We also discuss ethical foraging and avoiding poisonous plants.
- More information: https://emeraldmountainsanctuary.com/
- Contact: Anaber99@aol.com
- Events Schedule: https://emeraldmountainsanctuary.com/offerings/backyard-foraging/
4. The Earth Connection School
Tim MacWelch found The Earth Connection School, located in Somerville, Virginia. The Earth Connection School is an outdoor school. It offers subjects that focus on wild foods, making fires, navigation, tracking, and primitive skills.
- More information: http://www.earth-connection.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.earth-connection.com/schedule/
5. The Living Earth School
The Living Earth School is an organization located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Central Virginia. Its curriculum is nature-based. It seeks to develop naturalist skills, finding edible/medicinal plants, survival skills, and much more. The Living Earth School offers classes, camping, and foraging.
- More information: https://livingearthva.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://livingearthva.com/adult-courses/
- Direction: https://livingearthva.com/info/contact-living-earth-school-virginia/
6. Tracks and Roots
Alison Meehan created Tracks and Roots, located in Richmond, Virginia. She manages Tracks and roots with her fellow credible instructors. Her expertise is identifying trees, tracking, wild edibles, and medicinal plants. They offer foraging and wilderness survival courses.