Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Ginger Webb Herbalist
Ginger Webb is a community herbalist, a permaculturist, a wild plant lover and expert, and more. Her shop is located in Austin, Texas. Her mission is to awaken and nurture her participants’ love for plants. She also offers classes about herbalism.
- More information: https://gingerwebb.com/about/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://gingerwebb.com/calendar/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/texasmedicinals/ https://www.facebook.com/pg/sacredjourneyschoolofherbalism/events/?ref=page_internal
2. Gulf States Mycological Society
Gulf States Mycological Society is an organization of people who has the same interest. They were created to promote appreciation and to further the study of fungal flora on the Gulf Coast. Gulf Coast is known for its amazing variety of fungi and mushrooms. This group also offers forays activities.
- More information: http://www.gsmyco.org/home.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.gsmyco.org/forays.html
3. Foraging Texas
Dr. Mark Vorderbruggen is the owner of the site Foraging Texas, located in Houston. He offers classes/workshops on foraging, wild edibles, medicinal plants, mushroom, and more.
- More information: https://www.foragingtexas.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.foragingtexas.com/p/upcomin.html
- Social Media: https://www.foragingtexas.com/p/social-media.html
4. Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine
Nicole Telkes is the founder of Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine, located in Austin, Texas. Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine is well-known in Texas and Deep South. Conducts classes both online and inperson about bioregional herbalism, medicine-making, traditional healing, and more.
- More information: https://wildflowerherbschool.com/about/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://wildflowerherbschool.com/upcoming/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/pg/wildflowerherbschool/events/?ref=page_internal