Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2020)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ginger Webb Herbalist
Ginger Webb is a community herbalist, a permaculturist, a wild plant lover and expert, and more. Her shop is located in Austin , a city in Central Texas. Her mission is to awaken and nurture her participants’ love for plants. Offers classes about herbalism.
- More information: https://gingerwebb.com/about/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://gingerwebb.com/calendar/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/texasmedicinals/ https://www.facebook.com/pg/sacredjourneyschoolofherbalism/events/?ref=page_internal
2. Gulf States Mycological Society
Gulf States Mycological Society is an organization of people who has the same interest. Created to promote appreciation and to further the study of fungal flora in the Gulf Coast. Gulf Coast is known for its amazing variety of fungi and mushrooms. Offers forays activities.
- More information: http://www.gsmyco.org/home.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.gsmyco.org/forays.html
Note: No update on their activity page as of the moment. This might have been affected by the COVID-19 situation. Please check from time to time to see if the page has been updated.
3. Foraging Texas
Dr. Mark Vorderbrugger is the owner of the site Foraging Texas. Located in Houston, a large metropolis in Texas. Offers classes/workshops on foraging, wild edibles, medicinal plants, mushroom and more.
- More information: https://www.foragingtexas.com/2019/02/to-become-forager.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.foragingtexas.com/2019/07/upcoming-classes.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ForagingTexas/about/?ref=page_internal
4. Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine
Nicole Telkes is the founder of Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine. Located in Austin, a city in Central Texas. Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine is well-known in Texas and Deep South. Conducts classes both online and inperson about bioregional herbalism, medicine-making, traditional healing, and more.
- More information: https://wildflowerherbschool.com/about/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PgyQpzF7fiHpnnAoFfQIkCBeLLHD9BLVX0L24r3mC9s/edit#gid=0
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/pg/wildflowerherbschool/events/?ref=page_internal
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.