Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada
1. Earthwise Learning Center
Robin McGee is the owner of Earthwise Learning Center. Located at 3456 Hwy 187, Anderson, South Carolina 29626. She is a community herbalist, organic gardener, herbal medicine-maker, and more. Offers herbalism classes.
- More information: https://www.earthwiselearningcenter.com/about-us.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.earthwiselearningcenter.com/2020classes.html
2. Mountain Mountain
Mushroom Mountain was founded by Tradd Cotter. Located at 200 Finley Road, Easley, South Carolina. It focuses on the need of the planet, developing systems which make use of fungi to create harmony and coexistence. Offers wild food mushroom certification and classes.
- More information: https://mushroommountain.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://mushroommountain.com/shop-workshops/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/MushroomMountainFarm/
3. South Carolina Upstate Mycological Society
Dr. Julia Kerrigan and Tradd Cotter are the founders of South Carolina Upstate Mycological Society. Located at 100 Thomas Green Boulevard, Clemson, South Carolina. Its mission is to connect people with the same interest to learn, appreciate, and understand mushrooms and other fungi. Conduct mushroom forays.
- More information: https://scumsonline.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://scumsonline.com/events
4. The Southern Herbalist
Darryl Paton is the owner of The Southern Herbalist. He has spent most of his time in hunting, gathering, and working with medicinal plants. Most of his workshops are held in Alabama and South Carolina. Offers classes on medicinal and wild edibles and herbalism.
- More information: https://thesouthernherbalist.com/bio.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://thesouthernherbalist.com/calendar.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/The-Southern-Herbalist-10150148291095473/
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.