Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. The Wild Foodies of Philly
- More information: http://www.wildfoodies.org/
- Contact: LynnLandes@gmail.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.meetup.com/Wild-Foodies-of-Philly/
2. Adam Haritan
Adam Haritan is a known forager, wild food enthusiast, and researcher. He is from the Western part of Pennsylvania. He offers wild edible plants foraging, walks, outdoor activities, hiking, and classroom presentations.
- More information: https://foragingpittsburgh.com/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://learnyourland.com/events/
3. The Wild Edibles Lady
Debbie Naha-Koretzky is a foraging instructor and a licensed dietitian nutritionist, a master gardener, and a naturalist. She seeks to teach and let people learn how to identify wild edibles, harvest them safely, and prepare them properly. Offers foraging tours, walks, and a cooking demo.
- More information: https://wildediblesnjpa.com/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://wildediblesnjpa.com/calendar
4. Forage Culture
- More information: https://www.forageculture.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.forageculture.com/ (Scroll Down)
5. Horn Farm Center for Agricultural Education
Horn Farm Center for Agricultural Education was founded in 2004 and is located in York, PA. This is a nonprofit corporation whose mission is to create a farm where they can restore ecological health and provide food to the community. They offer various classes to different age groups and one of those is foraging.
- More information: https://hornfarmcenter.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://hornfarmcenter.org/foraging/
6. Nathaniel Whitmore
Nathaniel Whitmore is an herbalist and acupressure practitioner in Milford, Pennsylvania. He offers wild food and medicinal herbs walk in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.
- More information: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/bio.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/schedule.html
7. Return to Nature
Dan Farella’s mission is to teach people about nature’s diversity- wild plants, mushrooms, and medicinal herbs. He and his friends conducted their activities in various places, such as Pennsylvania, New York State, California, Delaware, New Jersey, New Mexico, and many more. Return to Nature offers classes, and workshops and educates people about wild plants and mushroom foraging, herbalism, survival skills, and theories that revolve around nature.
- More information: http://returntonature.us/about-3/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://returntonature.us/events/
9. Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club
Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club’s main focus is mushrooming. They encourage us to have fun, learn, and exchange information about wild mushrooms. They conduct walks and forays in places like PA, NC, NY, and other places.
- More information: https://wpamushroomclub.org/
- For membership inquiries: Click here
- For Email concerns: Click here
- Events Schedule: https://wpamushroomclub.org/events/
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.