Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. The Mushroom Hunter
Don King, can often be found hiking the forests of Ohio and neighboring states in search of wild mushrooms and other delicious and healthy edibles, which he considers to be the pinnacle of sustainable, local foods. King’s enthusiasm for wild foods stems from his passion for cooking, where he believes that the freshest ingredients yield the tastiest results. He loves to share his wild food knowledge with others and offers both group and private foraging classes in the Northeast Ohio area.
- More information: https://www.themushroomhunter.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.themushroomhunter.com/mushroom-hunts/
2. Foraged & Sown
Foraged & Sown is managed by first-generation female farmers. It is located in North Linden, Ohio. They offer mini-forays.
- More information: http://www.foragedandsown.com/about
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Foraged & Sown Farm Store – Foraged and Sown
3. Ohio Herb Center
Ohio Herb Center is located in Gahanna, Ohio and it is the best place to learn and experience gardening, culinary, aromatic, and herb wellness. It offers classes and workshops.
- More information: https://www.ohioherbcenter.org/about
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://www.ohioherbcenter.org/learn-classes-1
4. The Ohio Mushroom Society
In 1973, they founded The Ohio Mushroom Society. It encourages those who are interested to have an intensive study about fungi. In doing this, the club will be able to grow the member’s enthusiasm for learning about wild mushrooms. They offer mini-forays.
- More information: https://ohiomushroomsociety.wordpress.com/about/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://ohiomushroomsociety.wordpress.com/events/
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.