Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. The Mushroom Hunter
Don King, can often be found hiking the forests of Ohio and neighboring states in search of wild mushrooms and other delicious and healthy edibles, which he considers to be the pinnacle of sustainable, local foods. King’s enthusiasm for wild foods stems from his passion for cooking, where he believes that the freshest ingredients yield the tastiest results. He loves to share his wild food knowledge with others and offers both group and private foraging classes in the Northeast Ohio area.
- More information: https://www.themushroomhunter.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.themushroomhunter.com/mushroom-hunts/
2. Foraged & Sown
Foraged & Sown is managed by first-generation female farmers. It is located in North Linden, Ohio. They offer mini-forays.
- More information: http://www.foragedandsown.com/about
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Foraged & Sown Farm Store – Foraged and Sown
3. Lorenzo Cooks
Lorenzo Hosts foraging classes and wild food lunches or dinners in the Central Ohio Area. Guests will meet the wild ingredients in a hour long walk, followed by a culinary exploration of foraged, local and high quality ingredients. The goal of these classes is to experience nature through a different lens and build a relationship closer to the natural world!
- More information: https://www.lorenzocooks.com/
- For inquiries: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.lorenzocooks.com/classes-5oDvX
3. Ohio Herb Center
Ohio Herb Center is located in Gahanna, Ohio and it is the best place to learn and experience gardening, culinary, aromatic, and herb wellness. It offers classes and workshops.
- More information: https://www.ohioherbcenter.org/about
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://www.ohioherbcenter.org/learn-classes-1
4. The Ohio Mushroom Society
In 1973, they founded The Ohio Mushroom Society. It encourages those who are interested to have an intensive study about fungi. In doing this, the club will be able to grow the member’s enthusiasm for learning about wild mushrooms. They offer mini-forays.