< < -Back To Index (By State)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Abundance Healing Arts
Abundance Healing Arts were founded by Kim Calhoun, a North Carolinian girl. Located in Chatham County, North Carolina. She became immersed in healing arts and creating plant medicine at a young age and offers all-year-round walks, classes, and workshops.
- More information: https://abundancehealingarts.com/meet-kim/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://abundancehealingarts.com/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/AbunDance-Healing-Arts-141308000608/
2. Asheville Mushroom Club
Asheville Mushroom Club is dedicated to learning about fungi, located in Asheville, North Carolina. It offers forays, day trips, and adventure camping. Most of their foray activities were done in Western North Carolina.
- More information: https://ashevillemushroomclub.org/index.php/join-amc/about-the-club
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://ashevillemushroomclub.org/index.php/join-amc/forays
3. No Taste Like Home
No Taste Like Home is a 25-year-old foraging ecotour company in Asheville, North Carolina. Its instructors are Becky Beyer, Dimitri Magiasis, Justin Holt, and Jillian Ras. They offer tours with at least 10 participants.
- More information: https://notastelikehome.org/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://notastelikehome.org/#tours
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/notastelikehome.org/
4. The WANDER School
Abby Artemisia is the founder of WANDER School. WANDER stands for Wild Artemisia, Nature, Discovery, Empowerment, and Reconnection. Located in Appalachian North Carolina. Her focus is on teaching Botany, wild edibles, medicinal plants, and DIY herbalism. North Carolina and other US territories are the places she went to.
- More information: https://www.thewanderschool.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Classes & Events – THE WANDER SCHOOL
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/pg/thewanderschool/about/?ref=page_internal
5. Wild Abundance
Wild Abundance is a school of permaculture, building, and land-based living. They offer in-person and online classes throughout the year, taught by local experts. Wild plants are a part of several programs, and their Wildcrafting and Medicine Making Intensive takes a deep dive, twice a year.
- More information: https://www.wildabundance.net/about-us/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildabundance.net/foraging-classes-and-herbal-workshops/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/WildAbundance.net , https://www.instagram.com/wildabundance/
Wildcrafting was founded by Ila Hatter. Located in Whittier, North Carolina. Ila Hatter is an interpretive naturalist, artist, wildcrafter, and gourmet cook. She has experience in exploring the South. It includes Texas to the Smoky Mountains, the Caribbean, Spain, and Southern Appalachia. She conducts foraging for educational purposes.
- More information: http://wildcrafting.com/
- Contact: Ila@WildCrafting.com
- Events Schedule: http://wildcrafting.com/schedule/
Are there any mushroom foraging groups or classes closer to Highlands / Cashiers ? Also, is there someone I could pay to walk my property with me during mushroom foraging season to show me how to properly and safely collect the mushrooms on my property? I’m a new property owner on Lake Glenville.
I saw that https://abundancehealingarts.com/events/ Kim will come to your land and work with you.
Is there anyone or any group near Hillsborough, NC that accept manners to venture with for foraging edible plants?
Hi Terri, I’m in Hillsborough as well and would love to find something. I’ll reply here if I find anything.
Hi are there any classes in Eastern NC? I don’t have the ability to drive 4 hours to the mountains but I would love to expand my knowledge of what around my area
I’m also interested in meeting up with foragers in eastern NC, Preferably near Ft. Bragg, NC.
I’m also near Fayetteville NC and inquiring about a local foraging group
Me too! Did you find anybody?
I’m interested in connecting with foragers in eastern NC- Fayetteville/Spring Lake/Lillington area- too
I’m in Murphy, NC and I’m looking to connect with foragers near me!