Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. “Wildman” Steve Brill
Steve Brill is tagged as one of the most famous men in the field of foraging. He conducted foraging tours in places like Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Steve Brill teaches people what wild edibles, medicinal plants, and mushrooms are and which are actually beneficial but neglected by people. He offers classes and tours.
- More information: https://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/tour-calendar
2. The Outside Institute
The mission of The Outside Institute is to connect people to the healing and transformative powers of Nature. By nurturing humanity’s powers of observation and innate affinity for the wild, we hope to inspire joyful awareness and essential reciprocity between all beings, regardless of species or race. Our year-round program includes guided nature walks, forest immersion, sustainable foraging education, wildcrafting workshops, and botanical mixology.
- More information: https://theoutsideinstitute.org/
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://theoutsideinstitute.org/events
3. Berkshire Mycological Society
Berkshire Mycological Society is a club about foraging wild mushrooms. They conduct walks around Massachusetts, and areas around Connecticut, and New York. The group meets occasionally on Fridays at 4:30 pm at the Barrington Brewery.
- More information: http://www.bms.iwarp.com/index.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: Berkshire Mycological Society Homepage (iwarp.com)
4. Botanical Art Press
Botanical Art Press was founded by Dina Falconi and Wendy Hollender. They are both into plants, one is a herbalist and the other one is a Botanist. They offer online classes on how to forage and prepare it as food or medicine. Walks and talks about foraging are also offered here.
- More information: http://www.botanicalartspress.com/about-foraging-feasting
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: http://www.botanicalartspress.com/new-events
5. Catskill Fungi
Catskill Fungi was founded by John Michelotti. They practice sustainable harvesting, leave-no-trace principles, and compassion for the environment. Catskill Fungi offers guided mushroom walks, mushroom cultivation workshops, and art inspired by mushrooms.
- More information: https://www.catskillfungi.com/home.html
- Contact : Info@CatskillFungi.com
- Events Schedule: Events – Catskill Fungi
6. Leda Meredith
Leda Meredith is from Brooklyn, New York. She started foraging at a very young age. It has become her mission in life to share her connection to nature and to let people experience free, delicious, and healthy food from the environment. She had done classes or tours in New York, San Francisco, North Carolina, Wisconsin, and many more.
7. Nathaniel Whitmore
Nathaniel Whitmore is an herbalist and acupressure practitioner in Milford, Pennsylvania. He offers wild food and medicinal herbs walk in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.
- More information: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/bio.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/schedule.html
8. New York Mycological Society
New York Mycological Society is a nonprofit organization. Their usual foray activities are held in the greater area of New York City. They seek to spread awareness of mushrooms in science, cuisine, and other ways to use mushrooms. Lectures and walks are offered in this organization.
- More information: http://newyorkmyc.org/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: http://newyorkmyc.org/walks/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/183545668359226/
9. Rootwork Herbals
Rootwork Herbals was founded by Amanda David. Its goal is to educate the community about herbal education, they offer consultation and handcrafted remedies. In making medicine, they utilize common plants. They have classes about the foundation of learning herbalism.
- More information: https://www.rootworkherbals.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
10. The Central New York Mycological Society
The Central New York Mycological Society focuses on foraging, learning about mushrooms, identifying mushrooms, and eating mushrooms the proper and safe way. Regions surrounding Syracuse, New York is the regular place of their forays.
- More information: https://cnyms.wordpress.com/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CNYMS/events/?ref=page_internal
111. The Susquehanna Valley Mycological Society
The Susquehanna Valley Mycological Society is a non-profit organization. Composed of people who are interested in mushrooms. Located in Owega, a village in Tioga County, New York. Offers foray activities.
- More information: http://www.svmsonline.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.svmsonline.org/forays.shtml
12. Delaware Highlands Mushroom Society
Delaware Highlands Mushroom Society has offices in Wayne and Pike Counties and Sullivan County in New York. Its goal is to educate people about the role of fungi in the environment. The group seeks to inform the role of mushrooms in diet, and medicine, and it can be a form of hobby. They conduct mushroom classes and foraging.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Delaware.Highlands.Mushrooms/about/?ref=page_internal
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Delaware.Highlands.Mushrooms/events/?ref=page_internal
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.