< < -Back To Index (By State)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Ellen Zachos (The Backyard Forager)
Ellen Zachos (The Backyard Forager) offers wild edible plant walks and private wild foods cooking classes in the Santa Fe area. Due to Covid-19, regularly-scheduled, group classes have been postponed, but private classes and walks are still being offered.
- More information: Wild Edible Foods | Foraging | Wild Food Recipes | Foraged Food (backyardforager.com)
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events: Wild Edible Foods | Wild Food Recipes | Foraged Food | Online Courses (backyardforager.com)
2. Albuquerque Herbalism
Albuquerque Herbalism focuses on bioregional herbalism and medicinal plants and offers herb classes. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico’s largest city.
- More information: https://albuquerqueherbalism.com/about/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://albuquerqueherbalism.com/free-community-classes-events/
3. Dryland Wilds
Dryland Wilds practices foraging, located in Vallecitos, New Mexico. They foraged native and invasive plants. They offer workshops on sustainable wildcrafting, desert perfume making, handcraft botanical soaps, and more.
- More information: https://www.drylandwilds.com/about
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.drylandwilds.com/wild-workshops
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Dryland-Wilds-1208362802529941/
4. New Mexico Mycological Society
New Mexico Mycological Society is a club dedicated to learning about wild mushrooms and fungi, located in Placitas, New Mexico. they also host forays and meetings.
- More information: https://nmms.wildapricot.org/About_Us
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://nmms.wildapricot.org/Meetings
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/nmmyco/
5. Return to Nature
Dan Farella’s mission is to teach people about nature’s diversity- wild plants, mushrooms, and medicinal herbs. He and his friends conducted their activities in various places, such as Pennsylvania, New York State, California, Delaware, New Jersey, New Mexico, and many more. Return to Nature offers classes, and workshops and educates people about wild plants and mushroom foraging, herbalism, survival skills, and theories that revolve around nature.
- More information: http://returntonature.us/about-3/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://returntonature.us/events/