Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Nathaniel Whitmore
Nathaniel Whitmore is an herbalist and acupressure practitioner in Milford, Pennsylvania. He offers wild food and medicinal herbs walk in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.
- More information: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/bio.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/schedule.html
2. Robin Rose Bennett
Robin Rose Bennett is an herbalist and a writer. She is based in New Jersey and New York City. She utilizes wild plants, weeds, and wildflowers to make food, medicine, beauty, and wholeness. She offers classes on herbalism.
- More information: https://www.robinrosebennett.com/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://www.robinrosebennett.com/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/RobinRoseBennett
3. Return to Nature
Dan Farella’s mission is to teach people about nature’s diversity- wild plants, mushrooms, and medicinal herbs. He and his friends conducted their activities in various places, such as Pennsylvania, New York State, California, Delaware, New Jersey, New Mexico, and many more. Return to Nature offers classes, and workshops and educates people about wild plants and mushroom foraging, herbalism, survival skills, and theories that revolve around nature.
- More information: http://returntonature.us/about-3/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://returntonature.us/events/
4. Steve Brill
Steve Brill is known as one of the most famous men in the field of foraging. He conducted foraging tours in places like Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Connecticut, and New Jersey. In CT, he has conducted his foraging tour in Danbury’s Tarrywile Park. Steve Brill taught people what the wild edibles, medicinal plants, and mushrooms which are actually beneficial but neglected by people.
- More information: https://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/tour-calendar
5. The Wild Edibles Lady
Debbie Naha-Koretzky is a foraging instructor and a licensed dietitian nutritionist, a master gardener, and a naturalist. She seeks to teach and let people learn how to identify wild edibles, harvest them safely, and prepare them properly. She offers foraging tours, walks, and a cooking demo.