< < -Back To Index (By State)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
1. Great Lakes Foraging Co.
Great Lakes Foraging Co. is a group in Michigan whose focus is on mother nature’s gourmet and medicinal treasures. It offers classes and forays.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/greatlakesforagingco/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/greatlakesforagingco/events/?ref=page_internal
2. Jim Mcdonald
Jim Mcdonald is a self-taught herbalist. He is from White Lake, Michigan. Conducts herb classes, workshops, weed walks, and many more. Focus on identification, medicinal uses, herbal properties, etc.
- More information: https://www.herbcraft.org/about.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.herbcraft.org/classes.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/michiganherbalist
3. In Your Element
Luke and Katie Venechuk lead regularly scheduled foraging and wild tending classes in West Michigan. The two are native Michiganders living in the Grand River valley of Lowell and both engineers by trade. In 2020 Katie became one of the first certified Forest Therapy Guides in Michigan. In 2021 Luke was certified as a Wild Mushroom Expert by the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development.
- More information: https://iyewellness.com/foraging-classes/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://iyewellness.com/calendar-and-booking/
- Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/iyewellness/?hl=en
4. Nomi Foraging
Clay Bowers is the founder of Nomi Foraging. He is from Northern Michigan and his passion is learning about plants and fungi. He offers classes for all ages. Monthly foraging happens in Northern Michigan from Spring to Fall season.
- More information: http://www.nomiforager.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Classes — No.MI Hunt|gather (nomiforager.com)
5. Will Forage for Food
Rachel Mifsud is the founder of Will Forage for food and is located in Southern Michigan. However, most of their activities are conducted in the Great Lakes region. Classes are about edible and medicinal plant walks, mushroom growing, cooking, tanning, and making of primitive tools.
- More information: http://willforageforfood.com/index.php/about/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: http://willforageforfood.com/index.php/classes/
I live outskirts of Gaylord Michigan to do like take a walk in the woods all so I do like take photo pictures of different plants and butterflies animals find all different types of plants I am wondering what type of plants I can eat when I am hungry I’d like to be safe more than sorry what I mean by that I don’t wanna kill myself eating the dead plants
I am looking for a class in central Michigan…
Interested in 2 ish day mushroom class and cooking ideas and accommodations. Nature walk a plus.