Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
1. Rachel Goclawski
Rachel Goclawski is a certified educator, naturalist, and wild food foraging guide in Massachusetts. She conducts foraging and mushrooming classes all over MA. She is also the woman behind Cooking with Mrs. G on Facebook.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/cookingwithmrsg
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/cookingwithmrsg/events/
2. Russ Cohen
Russ Cohen is a naturalist and food enthusiast. His love for wild edible plants started way back when he was in high school. Foraging walks and classes are being conducted by Russ Cohen in most parts of New England. He authored the book Wild Plants I Have Known…and Eaten.
- More information: http://users.rcn.com/eatwild/bio.htm
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://users.rcn.com/eatwild/sched.htm
3. Soul Gardens with Herbalist Iris Weaver
Iris Weaver is a herbalist located in Beverly, Massachusetts. She learned about wild and cultivated plants which can be used as food or medicine. She leads plant walks and teaches about making and using herbal medicine products and herbal skincare.
- More information: http://irisweaver.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/soulgardens1/events/?ref=page_internal
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/soulgardens1
4. Northeast Wild Food (Stephen Kerr)
Stephen Kerr has been foraging in Western MA for over 10 years, becoming familiar with the plants of the region. He leads plant walks year round, focusing on plants that provide more than just a trailside nibble.
- More information: https://www.northeastwildfood.org/classes
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.northeastwildfood.org/walks
5. The 3 Foragers
The 3 Foragers are Robert, Karen, and Gillian who are from Hampshire, Massachusetts. They conduct talks and classes about foraging wild food, eating weeds, wild edible plants, fungi, wild mushrooms and sometimes eating invasive plants. They do talks and classes in CT and MA.
- More information: http://the3foragers.blogspot.com
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/The-3-Foragers-118852208201771/events/?ref=page_internal
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/The-3-Foragers-118852208201771/