Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. Arthur Haines
Arthur Haines is skilled in various fields. He is an author, a public speaker, a recreational guide, and a forager himself. He offers foraging classes, wildcrafting herbal medicine, and classes on primitive living skills. Delta Institute of Natural History is managed by Arthur Haines.
- More information: http://www.arthurhaines.com/professional-bio
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.arthurhaines.com/events-classes
2. Maine Local Living School, LLC
Maine Local Living School is located in Temple, Maine. It offers classes and first-hand experience in wild gathering, homestead agriculture, woodwork, food preservation, and many more.
- More information: https://www.mainelocalliving.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: Maine Local Living School | Skills for Wise Living
3. Maine Herbal Gathering
Maine Herbal Gathering is located in Camden, Maine. It is a gathering where you learn about plants and herbal medicine. In this gathering, they offer classes and workshops about herbs while building community connections at the same time.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/maineherbalistgathering/about
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/maineherbalistgathering/events
4. Maine Primitive Skills School
Maine Primitive Skill School is located in Augusta, Maine. Its goal is to build a self-reliant, resilient, and nature-literate society. Main Primitive Skill School offers classes on wild foraging, survival skills, tracking, shelter building, and bow making.
- More information: http://www.primitiveskills.com/
- For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.primitiveskills.com/courses/
5. Rewild Maine
Rewild Maine is a non-profit organization. Their purpose is to reintroduce nature itself; the wild species and animals. It is located in Portland, Maine and they conduct classes and workshops about foraging and primitive skills.
- More information: https://www.rewildmaine.org/
- For inquiries: Click here
- Events Schedule: https://www.rewildmaine.org/upcoming
6. Russ Cohen
Russ Cohen is a naturalist and food enthusiast. His love for wild edible plants started way back when he was in high school. Foraging walks and classes are being conducted by Russ Cohen in most parts of New England. He authored the book Wild Plants I Have Known…and Eaten.