Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. Robin Harford – London and surrounding area
Your guide and teacher on these foraging courses will be Robin Harford. Robin is a plant-based forager, wild food educator and has published numerous foraging guide books. He has been teaching people about their local edible landscape since 2008. His events were recently voted the best foraging courses in the UK by BBC Countryfile.
- More information: https://www.eatweeds.co.uk/foraging-courses
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.eatweeds.co.uk/foraging-courses
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/eatweedsuk https://www.instagram.com/eatweedsuk/
2. Taste the Wild – Thornton Bridge, Helperby
Taste the Wild provide fun and informative wild food foraging and cooking courses to promote wild foods as exciting ingredients to use in innovative ways. Chris and Rose Bax set up Taste the Wild to promote wild foods as exciting ingredients to use in innovative ways. Through fun and informative wild food foraging and cooking courses, participants are encouraged to develop their knowledge of wild ingredients and how they can use them in their cooking, whilst considering sustainability, seasonality and locality.
- More information: https://tastethewild.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: Paul – 07531 898723 Chris – 07914 290083
- Events Schedule: https://tastethewild.co.uk/courses/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/tastethewild/ https://twitter.com/tastethewild https://www.instagram.com/tastethewild/
3. The Fat Hen – Cornwall
Fat Hen was established in 2007, by Caroline Davey, and has been an evolving project with it’s central aim of breaking down the barriers between the kitchen, the outdoors and the dining table. Caroline works alongside talented chefs to create fabulous dishes showcasing ingredients sourced from the wild. Fat Hen has been chosen as one of the top ten best foraging courses in the UK by Countryfile Magazine and has been chosen by the Telegraph as one of 10 incredible holidays that offer a true taste of a destination.
- More information: https://the-fat-hen.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07767 792417
- Events Schedule: https://the-fat-hen.co.uk/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/WildCookerySchool/ https://twitter.com/FatHenForager/
4. The English Truffle Company – Dorset
From 2011 we have run unique truffle hunting experience days in Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire from October to January. Besides selling truffles, truffle trees and other truffle goods, we are regularly invited by private landowners to search for truffles in their woodlands or harvest truffles from their plantations. We also run truffle dog training workshops around the country.
- More information: https://www.englishtruffles.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 03301 330805
- Events Schedule: https://www.englishtruffles.co.uk/product/truffle-hunting-experience-days/
- Social Media: https://twitter.com/englishtruffles
5. The Wild Side of Life – Wiltshire
Whether you are looking to learn new life skills or just to have some fun, we think we have something to suit everyone and can deliver a unique and memorable experience for team building days and even stag or hen parties. The Wild Side of Life’s foraging courses feature in BBC Countryfile Magazine’s UK Top 10 Foraging Courses and in The Telegraph’s Top 5!
- More information: https://thewildsideoflife.co.uk/
- Contact: Fred@thewildsideoflife.co.uk Phone: 07979 109720
- Events Schedule: https://thewildsideoflife.co.uk/courses/foraging-and-fungi/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/thewildsideoflife https://twitter.com/fredtheforager
6. Woodland Ways – Matlock
We are first and foremost a leading bushcraft company employing a small close knit and highly experienced team of individuals. Together we hope to bring you the very best in Bushcraft & Survival Courses both in the UK and overseas bushcraft training courses and experiences.
- More information: https://www.woodland-ways.co.uk/courses/by-skill/wild-foods–foraging
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01234 351006
- Events Schedule: https://www.woodland-ways.co.uk/calendar.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/woodlandwaysbushcraft https://twitter.com/woodlandways
7. Wildfood UK – Herefordshire
We like wild food. We forage it, cook it, dry it, prepare it, store it and eat it! Foraging for us started with a genuine love of the great outdoors and a passion for food, combining both turns our walks in the woods and by the seaside into genuine treasure hunts.
- More information: https://www.wildfooduk.com/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 01981 590604
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/ForagingintheUK/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/ForagingintheUK https://twitter.com/wildfooduk https://www.instagram.com/wildfooduk/
8. Totally Wild UK – Macclesfield
Our main goal is to excite people with the amazing flavours to be found in the wild. On our Foraging Courses you’ll see that wild food is everywhere, when foraging in London you’ll find a unique range, compared to foraging in Cheshire with its relaxing countryside, when foraging in Scotland the deep woods offer bounty of mushrooms and foraging in Wales gives us amazing access to rural coastlines. Our team is constantly exploring and developing our range of foraging courses so we can make your learning experience as fun and valuable as possible.
- More information: https://totallywilduk.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07423 753212
- Events Schedule: https://totallywilduk.co.uk/foraging-courses/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/totallywilduk/ https://twitter.com/TotallyWildUK https://www.instagram.com/totallywilduk/
9. Burleigh Court – Loughborough
Set in the midst of the uncrowded Cotswolds in an area of natural outstanding beauty, Burleigh Court is an ideal location for wild food foraging. Join one of our organized courses or book a private experience to discover the wonderful world of wild food around Burleigh Court. A professional forager will help you learn how to safely ID edible species. You will come away with lots of ideas for turning your foraged bounty into scrumptious meals.
- More information: https://www.burleighcourtcotswolds.co.uk/wild-food-foraging/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 01453 883804
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/burleighcourtcotswolds/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/burleighcourtcotswolds/ https://twitter.com/BurleighHotel https://www.instagram.com/burleighcourtcotswolds/
10. School of Artisan Food – Nottinghamshire
Venture out with a professional forager on a unique experience around the beautiful grounds of The Welbeck Estate. This one-day course will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to source and cook confidently with wild seasonal ingredients.
- More information: https://www.schoolofartisanfood.org/product/foraging-and-wild-food-cookery
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 01909 532171
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/artisanschool/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/artisanschool/ https://www.instagram.com/schoolofartisanfood/ https://twitter.com/artisanschool/
11. Fore Adventure – Dorset
To forage is to get outside, in your urban or rural environment, to open your eyes and to seek out the food that is growing around you that you can access for free. It’s a way to make a connection between your environment and to the food on your plate; to make nature into a treasure hunt for the tummy. We thought it was an old wives tale that food was the way to the heart – then we got outside, foraging Dorset for ourselves, cooking up our wild ingredients alfresco, and realized those wives knew what they were talking about. From seashore foraging to the woods, using bushcraft skills to turn the foraged finds into a feast we have heaps of wild adventure offerings.
- More information: https://www.foreadventure.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 01929 761515
- Events Schedule: https://www.foreadventure.co.uk/specialevents-foraging-workshops-bushcraft-retreats-feasts
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/foreadventure https://www.instagram.com/foreadventure/
12. Forest Foragers – Essex
Peter and Clifford have led over 300 foraging courses and have spent a lifetime working in ecology. In our full-day foraging course your will learn how to identify wild plants and fungi of the season. In the afternoon we’ll head out together into the forest to gather food for you to enjoy at home.
- More information: http://www.forestforagers.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://www.forestforagers.co.uk/events/
13. Cracking Good Food – Greater Manchester
We have a rolling programme of wild food forages run by James Wood an Ofqual (gov) accredited forager. James runs engaging foraging courses, supplies the UK’s top restaurants with freshly foraged wild ingredients along with the UK’s best farm shops and delicatessens with foraged preserves. James teaches groups how to successfully identify edible plants . You can’t be much more seasonal eating wild food and our foraging walks reflect this, with special mushroom hunts in the autumn and elder flower picking in the summer.
- More information: https://crackinggoodfood.org/cookery-school/foraging/
- Contact: https://crackinggoodfood.org/about-us/contact/
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/crackinggoodfood/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/crackinggoodfood https://twitter.com/CrackingFood https://www.instagram.com/crackinggoodfood/
14. Foraging Course Company – Warwickshire
The Foraging Course Company was established by lead instructor Kerry Bowness and aims to enlighten people to the wonderful world of wild edibles. We believe it helps people not only to experience new flavours, but to reconnect with and discover a new appreciation of the natural world. We are passionate about natural history and conservation, and will highlight how rewilding can encourage wild edibles to grow.
- More information: https://www.foragingcoursecompany.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/foragingcoursecompany/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/foragingcoursecompany/ https://twitter.com/foragingcourse https://www.instagram.com/the_foraging_course_company/
15. Live Wild – Calderdale
Have you ever wondered which of the berries that appear in autumn are edible, or what our ancestors might have eaten to see them through a winter in northern England? Could you really collect enough wild food in local woodlands for a whole meal…and would a chocolate covered mushroom taste as weird as it sounds?! Our foraging courses near Hebden Bridge, Calderdale are a journey through the season and the senses. We focus on getting to know the land and its wild food in a deep, immersive way that makes it easy to continue learning, gathering and cooking at home.
- More information: https://www.livewild.org.uk/courses/foraging-courses-west-yorkshire/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LiveWildCalderdale/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LiveWildCalderdale/
16. Forage Fine Foods – Herefordshire
Forage Fine Foods is a tiny little food business bottling wild flavours that grow in the borderland between Wales and England. Forage is run by me, Liz Knight – I’m a wild food guide, cook and author. My first book, ‘Forage; Wild Plants to Gather, Cook and Eat’ was published in spring 2021. Forage is a fully illustrated guide to 50 of the most common plants that grow across the world alongside delicious recipes to spring board your way into a wilder way of eating.
- More information: https://www.foragefinefoods.com/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.foragefinefoods.com/pages/foraging-courses-talks
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/foragefinefoods https://twitter.com/foragefinefoods
17. Tudor Farm House Hotel – Gloucestershire
The Tudor Farmhouse is a stylish boutique hotel nestling where Gloucestershire’s Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley meet. Our foraging trips are very popular. The crop depends on season and ranges from a wide variety of edible mushrooms, wild garlic and sorrel, bitter cress, pennywort, wimberries, edible flowers and wild strawberries. Spring forages will be more about the hedgerow, summer will be fruits and flowers and the autumn will have a more mushroom focus. We work with three organisations to bring you the best foraging experience
- More information: https://tudorfarmhousehotel.co.uk/foraging-trips/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01594 833046
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/tudorfarmhouse/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/tudorfarmhouse https://www.instagram.com/tudorfarmhousehotel/ https://twitter.com/tudorfarmhouse
18. Go Foraging – Bristol & Bath
My journey with wild food has led me to all kinds of interesting places, as well as people. It is hugely rewarding to teach. Through Go Foraging, I aim to share my experiences and love for foraging with others. If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com or why not come on one of my walks to find out more? thanks, Martin
- More information: http://www.goforaging.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/goforaging/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/goforaging/ https://twitter.com/goforaging https://www.instagram.com/goforaging/
19. Sustainability Centre – Petersfield
With our position in the heart of the South Downs National Park, The Sustainability Centre could not enjoy a more idyllic setting. The Sustainability Centre aims to educate, enable and inspire people from all walks of life to make positive changes to the way they live and work. We hold a series of seasonal events Foraging Fire and Folklore where you join a special evening experience of wild food foraging, Celtic fire and folklore.
- More information: https://www.sustainability-centre.org/
- Contact: email@example.com phone: 01730 823166
- Events Schedule: https://www.sustainability-centre.org/foraging-fire-and-folklore.html
- Social Media: https://twitter.com/SusCentre https://www.instagram.com/sustainabilitycentre/
20. Kathryn Clover – Milton Keynes
Be a force for positive change with a range of day and half day courses empowering you in beautiful and useful ways to live in sustainability with nature. I have lived off grid for 15 years now and never been healthier and never looked back. Sometimes challenging but always fun! Equally suitable for a children’s or adults party, corporate team building project or private group of any kind, you just need a love for the outdoors. Check my profile on Eventbrite for foraging events!
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/hedgewitchadventures
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/kathryn-clover-10643161239
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/hedgewitchadventures
21. Fergus Drennan – Forest Row
Fergus Drennan is a wild food experimentalist and educator who, for the past 15 years, has run informative and fun regular full-day total immersion foraging courses for the general public and privately. He has written regularly on wild food and foraging for BBC Countryfile Magazine, The Ecologist, Country Kitchen, Bushcraft and Survival Skills Magazine, as well as contributing and/or featuring in many other magazines including most national newspapers. In addition he made a TV programme, The Roadkill Chef, for Jamie Oliver’s production company, exploring some more extreme food alternatives. He regularly appears on radio and television talking about wild food. He loves all aspects of wild food and yet is particularly fascinated with seaweeds.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/fergus.drennan/
- Contact: Contact me through Eventbrite or Facebook
- Events Schedule: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/fergus-drennan-aka-fergus-the-forager-15600509455
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/fergus.drennan/
22. Secret Adventures – London
Secret Adventures bring you unusual and off grid events in the city and beyond. These events are designed to bring a sense of exploration and wonder. We like water, we like fire and we like to explore. Events so far have included kayaking at night under Tower Bridge, adventure films in a tunnel leading under The Thames and lake swims in the city. Join our Foraging & Wild Cooking adventure with expert forager Justine Gens. Learn to identify and forage plants in the woods and open glades. Gather wood from the woodland floor, light a campfire and cook over an open fire.
- More information: https://secretadventures.org/adventures/foraging-and-wild-cooking/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://secretadventures.org/adventures-by-date/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/secretadventuresuk/ https://twitter.com/scretadventures https://www.instagram.com/secret__adventures/
23. Forage London – London
I lived and worked in London for 20 years and although I tried to get to the countryside as much as possible, it was easier said than done. I set up Forage London to help bring city dwellers a bit close to some of the nature that surrounds them without having to go on a long journey to find it. Our city has hundreds of green spaces, parks, nature reserves and common areas and despite the efforts of some, wild foods are thriving all around us. A normal walk that I organise lasts two to three hours and involves picking and eating various plants as we go along with lots of different new foods and drinks to try (made from different wild foods I have previously picked, cooked, fermented, pickled etc) and touches on numerous topics including, nutrition, medicine, herbalism, botany, cookery, horticulture and history.
I also run mushroom foraging trips in The New Forest and a seashore day in Dorset (dates and details on the website ).
- More information: https://www.foragelondon.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.foragelondon.co.uk/foraging-events-walks-courses/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/ForageLondon https://www.instagram.com/foragelondon/
24. Family Foraging Kitchen – Cornwall
The Family Foraging Kitchen is a social enterprise dedicated to tackling local food poverty by providing quality and affordable wild food education to the people of Cornwall. As a C.I.C, a percentage of the profit made from our ticketed courses allows us to provide the same educational opportunities to those experiencing food poverty and/or social isolation for free. We believe that all people should have access to wild food education, as well as the confidence to access nutritious, sustainable, local, fresh food. For every walk or course you purchase from The Family Foraging Kitchen – you help to provide a local family the skills to find free food forever.
- More information: https://familyforagingkitchen.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 01752 829383
- Events Schedule: https://familyforagingkitchen.co.uk/courses-events/schedule/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/FamilyForagingKitchen/ https://www.instagram.com/familyforagingkitchen/
25. Northern Wilds – Northumberland
Come and explore the Northumberland countryside through a foraging day courses and find out what seasonal wild foods surround us. On one of our wild food forage and feast courses you will learn how to find, identify and prepare the many edible wild plants and mushrooms that Northumberland has to offer.
- More information: https://www.northernwilds.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01434 240017
- Events Schedule: https://www.northernwilds.co.uk/foraging-activities-5/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/northernwilds.co.uk https://twitter.com/NorthernWildsUK
26. Discover the Wild – Manchester
Based in both Manchester and North Wales, Discover the Wild is a natural history company that provides services from foraging events, species identification workshops, wildlife photography tours, one-to-ones and creating foraged drinks and products. No matter what your experience, from complete beginners to more serious wildlife enthusiasts we can offer something for you and cater for your needs.
- More information: https://www.discoverthewild.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone: 07533 132129
- Events Schedule: https://www.discoverthewild.co.uk/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/DiscovertheWild/ https://twitter.com/discoverthewild https://www.instagram.com/discoverthewild/
27. Healing Weeds – Bristol
Healing Weeds’ mission is to empower people with the practical skills to confidently make herbal remedies from wild plants. Book a walk or workshop for yourself, or as a gift! Based in Bristol, UK
- More information: https://healingweeds.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://healingweeds.co.uk/wild-foraging-in-bristol
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/healingweeds.co.uk https://www.instagram.com/healing.weeds/
28. Rachel Lambert – Penzance
Joy and pleasure are key to my teaching style and life as a forager. With a self-confessed sweet-tooth, wild desserts and sweet treats made from foraged ingredients feature regularly in my courses and blog posts, as well as savoury delights! You may also find me singing my heart out (if no one’s listening) on cliff tops and beaches and occasionally sharing one of foraging songs on courses. It is a new love; that makes me, the plants and others smile (or so I’m told!). To me, foraging is a fun and enlivening way to appreciate the environment and access to fresh, seasonal food. It’s also an excuse for outdoor adventures, as well as quirky and labour of love investigations in the kitchen. I hope to share some of this journey with you.
- More information: https://www.wildwalks-southwest.co.uk/
- Contact: email@example.com Phone(Mobile): 07903 412014
- Events Schedule: https://www.wildwalks-southwest.co.uk/calendar/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/WildWalksSouthWest https://www.instagram.com/rachellambertwildfoodforaging/
29. Lisa Cutcliffe – Edulis Wildfood – Yorkshire
Foraging courses & wild food walks
Fancy learning about foraging for wild plants, seaweeds, mushrooms and other edibles? Why not join me on a wild food walk? I’ll be running forays, fire dining, coastal and seaweed courses, wild pizza workshops, forage & camp weekends with fire cooking, cheese-making, preserving, lacto-fermenting, cooking classes, wildcraft skills, foraged wreath-making, wild food pop-up collaborations, family foraging days, a wild garlic celebration day, wild cocktail sessions and beach BBQs… it’s going to be a fun-packed foraging season!
- More information: https://www.eduliswildfood.co.uk/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/eduliswildfood/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/eduliswildfood
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.