< < -Back To Index (By State)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming
1. Colorado Mycological Society
Located in Denver, the Colorado Mycological Society is a non-profit organization. They seek to promote the study and appreciation of mycology as they discover, photograph, identify, collect, and preserve mushrooms.
- More information: https://cmsweb.org/about/
- Contact: MariHShaw@aol.com
- Events Schedule: https://cmsweb.org/society-events/
2. Modern Forager
Modern Forager is managed by Trent and Kristen Blizzard, they are self-proclaimed “mushroom geeks”. Located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, they go edible mushroom hunting and wild food foraging.
- More information: https://www.modern-forager.com/about/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.modern-forager.com/events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/modforager/
3. Pikes Peak Mycological Society
Pikes Peak Mycological Society is founded by Athalie “Lee” Barzee. It is a non-profit organization located in Southern Colorado. They study and do mushroom identification.
- More information: http://pikespeakmyc.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://pikespeakmyc.org/events/
4. Wild Food Girl
Erica Davis is the owner of the site Wild food Girl. She does her foraging activities mostly in Colorado, and in some parts of the Northeast Region. She also offers foraging classes.
- More information: https://wildfoodgirl.com/about/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://wildfoodgirl.com/wfg-events/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/wildfoodgirl/
I’m trying to find someone to help me with morel mushroom hunting in Colorado. I’m 71 but active and would appreciate any classes or hikes or something so I might be able to do this. I’m recently widowed and don’t want to just go wandering alone looking without understanding more about where to go etc. I was exposed a little bit to this adventure in Indiana but only one time.