Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
1. Mark Lewis
Mark Lewis is an Arizona Native foods, Foraging, and Ingredient educator teaching about the 2,500 foods of the Southwest USA and Northwestern Mexico and how they compare and pair with 40,000 world ingredients. He leads culinary workshops, classes, foraging tours, and dinners, especially for chefs, in Arizona, southern California, and Baja California.
- More information: Arizona Food Service Network – The Arizona Food Service Network connects all people, events, resources, and organizations associated with Arizona food, food service, and food science.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Calendar: Calendar (arizonafoodservicenetwork.com)
2. Arizona Mushroom Society
Arizona Mushroom Society is a non-profit organization that offers mushroom forays, scientific and instructional meetings, culinary workshops, and dinners.
- More information: https://www.arizonamushroomsociety.org/About_Us
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.arizonamushroomsociety.org/coming-events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/AZ.Mushroom.Society/
3. Reevis Mountain School of Self-Reliance
Peter Bigfoot is the creator of the Reevis Mountain School of Self-Reliance. They teach natural healing, self-reliance skills, experience their own food, and more. Offers classes on wild edibles, medicinal and useful plants, and more.
- More information: https://www.reevismountain.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.reevismountain.org/classes
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/reevismountain
4. The Forager’s Path
Mike Masek is the creator of The Forager’s Path. It is a community herb store located in Flagstaff, Arizona. It seeks to empower students in Bio-Regional Herbalism. Offers classes on medicinal and edible plants, survival skills, and herbal medicine.
- More information: https://www.theforagerspath.com/
- Contact: mailto:email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.theforagerspath.com/our-courses/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/TheForagersPath
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.