Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2021)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
1. Alabama Mushroom Society
Alabama Mushroom Society is a group whose focus is on learning and identifying mushrooms. Its mission is to gather people with the same interest and educate them about fungi. Offers mushroom foraging and plant walks.
- More information: https://alabamamushroomsociety.org/about-us
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://alabamamushroomsociety.org/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlabamaMushroomSociety/about/
2. Gulf States Mycological Society
Gulf States Mycological Society is an organization of people who has the same interest. Created to promote appreciation and to further the study of fungal flora in the Gulf Coast. Gulf Coast is known for its amazing variety of fungi and mushrooms. Offers forays activities.
- More information: http://www.gsmyco.org/home.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.gsmyco.org/forays.html
Note: No update on their activity page as of the moment. This might have been affected by the COVID-19 situation. Please check from time to time to see if the page has been updated.
3. The Southern Herbalist
Darryl Paton is the owner of The Southern Herbalist. He has spent most of his time in hunting, gathering, and working with medicinal plants. Most of his workshops are held in Alabama and South Carolina. Offers classes on medicinal and wild edibles and herbalism.
- More information: https://thesouthernherbalist.com/bio.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://thesouthernherbalist.com/calendar.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/The-Southern-Herbalist-10150148291095473/
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.