< < -Back To Index (By State)
Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2023)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
Search United States or Canada or United Kingdom
A message from EatThePlanet.org: "We are happy you found us! We strive to be informative and accurate. Enjoy what you find here! Take a look at our new downloadable pdf eBook A Complete Guide To Foraging. We put a lot of work into this eBook and are very excited to share it with you." - Joe Forager(Owner)
Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee
1. Alabama Mushroom Society
Alabama Mushroom Society is a group whose focus is on learning and identifying mushrooms. Its’ mission is to gather people with the same interest and educate them about fungi through mushroom foraging and plant walks.
- More information: https://alabamamushroomsociety.org/about-us
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://alabamamushroomsociety.org/events
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlabamaMushroomSociety/about/
2. Gulf States Mycological Society
Gulf States Mycological Society is an organization that was created to promote the appreciation and to further the study of fungal flora on the Gulf Coast. This society offers forays and other activities.
- More information: http://www.gsmyco.org/home.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.gsmyco.org/forays.html
Note: No update on their activity page as of the moment. This might have been affected by the COVID-19 situation. Please check from time to time to see if the page has been updated.
3. The Southern Herbalist
Darryl Paton is the owner of The Southern Herbalist and spends most of his time hunting, gathering, and working with medicinal plants. He offers classes on medicinal and wild edibles and herbalism.
- More information: https://thesouthernherbalist.com/bio.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://thesouthernherbalist.com/calendar.html
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/The-Southern-Herbalist-10150148291095473/
Trying to find someone in or around mobile Alabama who teaches foraging and provides proper plant identification. From what I have read in the foragers guide to wild foods. Way too many look a like to trust myself from a picture with the description.
I am looking also
Looking for classes/hands on education on my area. Boaz Alabama