Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2020)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Delaware Highlands Mushroom Society
Delaware Highlands Mushroom Society has offices in Wayne and Pike Counties and Sullivan County in New York. Its goal is to educate people about the role of fungi in the environment. The group seeks to inform the role of mushrooms in diet, medicine, and it can be a form of hobby. They conduct mushroom classes and foraging.
- More information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Delaware.Highlands.Mushrooms/about/?ref=page_internal
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Delaware.Highlands.Mushrooms/events/?ref=page_internal
2. Horn Farm Center for Agricultural Education
Horn Farm Center for Agricultural Education was founded in 2004.Located at 4945 Horn Road, York, PA 17406. This is a nonprofit corporation whose mission is to create a farm where they can restore ecological health and provide food to the community. They offer various classes to different age groups and one of those is foraging.
- More information: https://hornfarmcenter.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://hornfarmcenter.org/foraging-classes/
3. Nathaniel Whitmore
Nathaniel Whitmore is an herbalist and acupressure practitioner in Milford, Pennsylvania. He offers wild food and medicinal herbs walk in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.
- More information: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/bio.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://www.nathanielwhitmore.com/schedule.html
4. Return to Nature
Dan Farella’s mission is to teach people about nature’s diversity- wild plants, mushrooms, and medicinal herbs. He and his friends conducted their activities in various places, such as Pennsylvania, New York State, California, Delaware, New Jersey, New Mexico and many more. Return to Nature offers classes, workshops and educate people about wild plants and mushroom foraging, herbalism, survival skills, and theories which revolves around nature.
- More information: http://returntonature.us/about-3/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: http://returntonature.us/events/
5. The Wild Edibles Lady
Debbie Naha-Koretzky is a foraging instructor and a licensed dietitian nutritionist, a master gardener, and a naturalist. She seeks to teach and let people learn how to identify wild edibles, harvest them safely, and prepare it properly. She offers foraging tours, walks, and a cooking demo.
- More information: https://wildediblesnjpa.com/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://wildediblesnjpa.com/calendar
6. Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club
Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club main focus is mushrooming. They encourage to have fun, learn, and exchange information about wild mushrooms. They conduct walks and forays in places like PA, NC, NY, and other places.